Binapani Mohanty, a mythical Odia author, gave up the ghost at her place of dwelling in Cuttack at the evening of April 24, 2022, because of age-related headaches. Mohanty, who was once a recipient of a number of prestigious awards together with the Padma Shri and Sahitya Akademi Award has greater than 100 books to credit score. Additionally an academician, Binapani Mohanty taught Economics at Sailabala Girls’s School.
Binapani Mohanty was once well known for ‘Kasturi Mriga O Sabuja Aranya’, ‘Patadei’, ‘Khela Ghara’, ‘Bastraharana’, ‘Naiku Rasta’, ‘Andhakarara’. She was once a more youthful sister of eminent physician Nirupama Rath and recommend Sachinadanda Mohanty, either one of whom have gave up the ghost.
Top Minister Modi expressed condolences over the loss of life of Binapani Mohanty. He lauded her huge contributions to Odia literature, specifically fiction writing.
Leader Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik additionally expressed grief and stated that it was once an irreparable loss for the Odia literature global. He additionally introduced that Binapani Mohanty’s funeral might be held with complete state honors.
Pained via the passing away of famous author Binapani Mohanty Ji. She made huge contributions to Odia literature, particularly fiction writing. Her works had been translated in quite a lot of languages and attained nice reputation. Condolences to her circle of relatives and admirers. Om Shanti.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi)
April 24, 2022
Binapani Mohanty: Early Existence, Literary Occupation
1. Binapani Mohanty was once an Odia author and academician who was once widely known for her paintings ‘Kasturi Mriga’ and ‘Patadei’.
2. Mohanty was once a professor in Economics ahead of retiring and had additionally served as a Chairperson of Odisha Lekhika Sansad.
3. She was once born in 1936 to Chaturbhuja Mohanty and Kumudini Mohanty. She finished her matriculation in 1953 and went on to check Economics.
4. Binapani Mohanty were given her Bachelor’s level in 1957 and post-graduation level in 1959. She later labored as a lecturer and was once posted to quite a lot of faculties.
1. Mohanty’s literary occupation as a storyteller began with the newsletter of ‘Gotie Ratira Kahani’ in 1960. A few of her easiest tales are ‘ ‘Kasturi Mriga O Sabuja Aranya’, ‘Patadei’, ‘Khela Ghara’, ‘Bastraharana’, ‘Naiku Rasta’, ‘Andhakarara’.
2. Her quick tale ‘Pata Dei’ was once additionally printed as Lata in Femina in 1986 and in 1987 its Hindi translation was once telecast in Doordarshan as a sequence known as ‘Kashmakash’.
3. Binapani Mohanty’s paintings has been translated into Hindi, English, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, and Marathi, amongst others.
4. She additionally penned 3 novels: Sitara Sonita, Manaswini and Kunti, Kuntala, Shakuntala, and a one-act play entitled Kranti. Mohanty has additionally translated Russian folks stories from English to Odia, amongst different translations.
Binapani Mohanty Books
|Kunti, Kuntala, Shakuntala|
|Kasturi Mruga O Sabuja Aranya|
|Sayahnara svara: galpaguuccha|
|Barsha, barsha, bharatabarsha|
|Padma ghunchi ghunchi jauchi|
Binapani Mohanty: Awards & Honours
|1956||Sunday Prajatantra Award for Poetry|
|1961||Jhankar for Poetry|
|1968||Orissa Sahitya Academy Award for the fast tale assortment titled ‘Kasturi Murga O Sabuja Aranya’ (1968)|
|1973||Jibanranga Award for Brief Tale|
|1985||Sahakar Award for Brief Tale|
|1988||Sucharita Award for Brief Tale|
|1990||Sahitya Akademi Award|
|2002||Sahitya Bharatiya Puraskar|
|2010||Uttar Orissa Sahitya Samman|